Award-winning entrepreneur and journalist Shane Snow reveals the counterintuitive reasons why so many partnerships and groups break down--and why some break through.
The best teams are more than the sum of their parts, but why does collaboration so often fail to fulfill this promise? In Dream Teams, Snow takes us on an adventure through history, neuroscience, psychology, and business, exploring what separates groups that simply get by together from those that get better together.
* How ragtag teams--from soccer clubs to startups to gangs of pirates--beat the odds throughout history.
* Why DaimlerChrysler flopped while the Wu-Tang Clan succeeded, and the surprising factor behind most failed mergers, marriages, and partnerships.
* What the Wright Brothers' daily arguments can teach us about group problem solving.
* Pioneering women in law enforcement, unlikely civil rights collaborators, and underdog armies that did the incredible together.
* The team players behind great social movements in history, and the science of becoming open-minded.
Provocative and entertaining, Dream Teams is a landmark work that will change the way we think about people, progress, and collaboration.
Includes a Bonus PDF with an illustrated special afterword with Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant, the Dream Teams Cheat Sheet, and more.